Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 03


Day 03- A habit that you wish you didn’t have.

Procrastination. 
My complete inability to put things of high importance on my priorities list, often gets me in a LOT of trouble. I actually feel bad for my teachers who have to deal with my apparent disregard of their deadlines. I honestly want to get every piece done the day i get it, so i can be free of it and not have to worry about it all the time, but i guess life just gets in the way. If it's not one thing, its another. Throwing the red card up at family members when they cross the line, comforting sensitive friends who (for some reason i STILL can't entirely wrap my head around) don't realise how fantastic they are, chores (that aren't usually my problem) but that have to be thrust upon me the one evening i get seriously pumped up to do some hardcore studying. 
I once got asked why i'm always like this and i honestly had no idea what to say. How do you explain to others (without reavealing your whole family history) why family and friends, that seem like they should take second place in my life behind my work and securing my future, always have to come first. But i can't help it, you can call it laziness if you want to, but i can't help that overwhelming feeling to keep my loved ones as close to me as possible. 
I should be getting used to this by now with both my siblings having left to go to uni, but somehow it's worse when it's your friends. My dearest friends, most of which i've known for years are leaving to live miles and miles away to carry on with their lives, meeting new and interesting people along the way. As much as i want to know how their lives turn out, a small part of me wonders if I'll ever meet up with these people again once they leave in a few months. Sadly, it's because of my nasty habit of procrastination that i'm being left behind in the first place. Well i guess only time will tell.

Day 3 – Bitmiş

No comments:

Post a Comment