Pages

Tuesday 16 November 2010

What Character To Play? That Is The Question…


Do you often think about what kind of character you play in your own story?
Well I do. A lot.
Over the years I’ve realised each character has to have some intrigue, or your readers will loose interest. So in order to solve this, your character has to have a role in your story, for example, in a detective story your main character would most likely be the detective himself. This character would be intelligent, proud and wilful; perhaps with a deep dark secret, like he actually killed someone in his younger life that was somehow related to his present case… well, you know how the story goes.

In my own story, I am often the Joker; the one who takes very few things seriously, and who gets easily excited. Though at times I seem to be the only one able to keep people together; the Peacemaker.

Anyway, I find myself today excited about an upcoming Workshop, in anticipation about how useful I would find it. Here, you find another handful of characters to my personal story; The Rebel Teacher, The Head Boy, The Rainbow Trio and me. Then I realise to my horror, that I’m playing the Shy Girl. How typical that I have become a spectator in my own life, though maybe that is just the cliché lot in life for a Wannabe Writer.

Well screw what’s cliché! I’m going to keep trying to be a brilliant protagonist in my own life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment